Tuesday, July 1, 2008

T-Minus 7 days . . .

The Dad and I embark on our big summer vaca to the East Coast one week from today!

I can picture the early- morningness of the quiet, quick airport. I love flying so early in the AM, waiting for the metal door to be lifted at Starbucks. I can picture a $5 bloody Mary on the plane.

I can picture the gummy bears the Dad will surely have tucked into his backpack.

I can picture us taking our sweet, lazy time to find our luggage, shuttle, and hotel.

I can picture us eating big ol' sandwiches in historic pubs. I can picture us drinking "One More, No Shit" then spending the rest of the afternoon where we are, people watching, talking about our friends, laughing hysterically.

I can picture . . . us.

I am so so so excited, I can't even stand it. This will be our first "alone" vacation since our honeymoon nearly three years ago. I am so proud of both of us for wanting this and knowing how good for us this will be.

The lil' dude will be tucked away safely at her grandparents', no doubt crawling, being squished to death by grandma's friends, and eating vanilla ice cream with grandpa. The Dad and I will find that children's book store I highlighted in our vacation guide and pick her out awesome souvenirs. Unless we never leave that pub.

No comments: