Thursday, October 30, 2008

Moving On



The lil' dude's baby swing sits in our dining room- or at least it did. Last night I hauled it over to a prego-mama friend's house as she settles in on the last 8 weeks of her pregnancy. It was bittersweet; the swing was a big part of the lil' dude's life. She easily spent entire afternoons swinging and snoozing away.


I put the lil' dude in the swing a few nights ago for the sole purpose of taking one last picture of the queen on her throne. She burst into hysterics. Apparently, she's over the past and prefers walking around and around the house holding her doll by the neck.



This was the lil' dude on her first Tuesday ever. The Dad and I took her to her Ped's appointment to check her for jaundice and weight gain/sustainment. She was exhausted when I got her home, so my mom and I hurriedly assembled the swing and loaded her into it. Hours went by ... she never stirred.




But, those days are long gone. It won't be long and I'll take her to meet her new friend who will be all swaddled into this swing and the lil' dude will point at him or her, and smile. And I will remember. I will point at the lil' dude and smile, telling her how she used to sit in that swing and take long naps. Then I'll watch her hurry off, taking big steps.

3 comments:

Jessica aka Mommy said...

I'm a bit jealous that she liked the swing to begin with....Harley screamed in it from day one!! Oh my, how they are growing up! I love the pics....she's like get me out of this damn thing!!

Amanda said...

Ohhh, getting all weepy.

Anonymous said...

These pictures totally cracked me up!!!