Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hakuna Matata!

I love it when I feel like a kid again- lil' dude, you always transport me back to my childhood. I'm hyper-nostalgic. I can't help it.
Last night, you and I sat down to watch a movie, and The Lion King filled the screen and my heart soared a little. And, there I was, back in 8th grade.



That Christmas, your aunties and I exchanged names for little Christmas gifts. High on that year's gift list was The Lion King merch. Pillow cases. Lip gloss. Notebooks and pens. Key chains. Action figures. I listened to the soundtrack endlessly. Being 14, we were on the cusp of adulthood, yet we were still teetering on the edge of our childhoods. We were still in junior high. 1995 changed all of that for me, for us.

But in 1994, we had The Lion King and life was simple, and sweet.
It means no worries for the rest of your days,
It's our problem-free philosophy,
Hakuna Matata!

No comments: