Thursday, October 29, 2009

More Mama

1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while you're blogging?
Yogurt or string cheese.

2. What is one thing you wouldn't want to live without?
My blanket. I've said I can finally say goodbye when I turn 30 in a few months, but I'm not sure I can.
{why would I want to?}

3. Beach, Mountains, or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice?
I'd love an old farmhouse- with a big wraparound porch. Lots more space for just us. A couple of cute outbuildings, like a greenhouse and potting shed. But I'd want trees nearby, and a pond!

4. What's your least favorite chore/household duty?
I'd say cleaning the floors- sweeping is futile. But if you'd ask the Dad, he'd say putting my laundry away- it's constantly 4 piles deep at the end of our bed on the cedar chest.

5. Who do people say you remind them of?
My mom- the way I sound on the phone, the way I overplan things, or get excited about silly things like clearance sales or giving gifts.

6. Prefer parties and socializing or staying home with the fam?
I love planning parties and being a hostess! That kills both birds with one stone!

7. What's your all time favorite movie?
Love, Actually It's almost the holidays ... which means it's time to watch it six times in one month!

8. Do you sleep in your make-up or remove it like a good little girl every night?
I have the best secret- Huggies Naturally Refreshing Cucumber & Green Tea baby wipes are what I use to wash my face at night ... there's no other product like them. They're thick, soft, and smell delicious. And, CHEAP. I became a forever fan when I swiped one of them from the lil' dude out of desperation when my product was gone.

9. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you've never had a chance to learn? What is it?
I'm a little good at a lot of things- not necessarily very good at a few things. What I think I'm going to want to learn (as a form of my New year's Resolution) is the art of jewelry making. That and continue with Photoshop- ask the Dad, I need WAY more time and lesson.

10. What's one strange thing you're really good at?
Remembering. My memory is a steel-trap.

11. What first attracted you to your spouse?
His shoe collection- my curiosity was so piqued by all these shoes this GUY owned. I had to talk to him!

12. What is something you love to smell?
Things that trigger my memory- the baby lotion the lil' dude used when she was brand-new, the perfume from my wedding day, the lotions of my best friends, and the scents that catch me by surprise- like the cabin we rented this summer. The bathroom reminded me exactly of my grandparents' lake home bathroom. How's that for odd- it's something I can't explain.

13. Tell something about you that you know irritates people.
I don't like confrontation, so I just avoid it. It's not a good characteristic- this I know!

14. When you have extra money, what's the first thing you think to do with it?
Starbucks for Mama, books for lil' dude.

15. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest?
Loud- and my people make me laugh the hardest. The lil' dude and her idiosyncrasies, the Dad and his, and my friends and their delightful randomness. I swear, I laugh the most in front of my computer- reading my girls' thoughts and daily goings-on.

16. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Target for life.
Gap for wearing.
Coach for splurging or celebrating.
Barnes & Noble for inspiration.
TJ Maxx for deals.
Antique stores for love.

17. What's one thing you'd do more often if you had more time?
Take and edit photos.

18. Are you a big spender or frugal?
My thrift-worthiness rivals my Mom's. Love bargains, sales, and coupons. I didn't used to be like this!

19. Who is your favorite character of all time?
Vivi Walker, from The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. She is "part Scarlett, part Katharine Hepburn, part Tallulah."

20. Would you want to be famous?
For my writing or photography- yes. I'm not exactly the actress type.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I hope you don't avoid confrontation with me.

Little Dude's Mama said...

And what would I have to confront you about?
:)