Monday, November 23, 2009

Of What You Dream

I'll admit, last night was more about me than you.

Just after midnight, you began to talk/cry/whimper in your sleep. This lasted nearly an hour, even after Daddy checked on you and rubbed your back ... calming and quieting you.

But you started up again, your tiny sounds so agonizing. You were asleep, but must have had a big ol' scenario going on in your tired brain. You were mumbling about Daddy sleeping, and the Beagle sleeping, so shhhh-shhhh, quiet, you kept whispering. You weren't at peace in the darkness, honey.

So, instinctively I scooped you up and headed to the recliner in the dark and rocked you.

You calmed down and fell quietly asleep.

Except, one time after nearly 20 minutes, you sat up, looked me in the eye, and said, Daddy, Coffee.

Which is goofy, since coffee's not Daddy's thing.

But I stifled my giggles. Because I know my dreams never make sense.

So thank you, sweet girl, for letting me be there for you last night.
Nights like those are so rare. I'll take 'em where I can get 'em!

Mama loves.

One of my favorite sleeping pictures of you!

No comments: