Monday, December 28, 2009

Mexico30

Right now, I am en route to Cozumel, Mexico with some of your aunties- and your Fairy Godmother.
We are traveling in honor of our 30th birthdays; events which take place between October 15, 2009, and July 4, 2010.
We are the Power of 8.


We talked about this trip when we turned 21 ... when we had those bad, short haircuts. Before anyone was married. When we were juniors in college, wearing those tan, plastic boots from Target. Before any of us were Mamas.

Know that I will miss you this week, lil' dude. Likewise for Daddy and the Beagle. I promise you'll never be far from my mind. I hope for you to one day experience the type of friendship I have with these ladies. Where the sum of our parts is greater than the whole. Where turning 30 is just as big and scary and exciting and shared as turning 12 was. When there is really no one else you'd rather celebrate with.

Be a good girl this week, babe, and I'll bring you a little Mexican sunshine when I come home.
I can't wait to see your face and smell your neck and hear your words.
Mama loves.

No comments: