Thursday, December 3, 2009

Silent {Night}

You and I danced in the dark last night at bedtime my dear.
We were swaying together slowly right before I slipped you into your crib to tuck you in.
And I started singing Silent Night very quietly.
I could see the soft warm glow of the white Christmas lights from the tree reflecting in hallway.
It was a sweet, quiet moment.

I sang:
Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child
Holy Infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace


Silent night, holy ni ...
when you grabbed my cheeks with both hands and said, "MOM. STOP."

Well, Merry Christmas to you, too!

3 comments:

Me. said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

so you and I must sing alike Jorg! ha
Auntie G

Rachel said...

Just keepin' it real. LOL!