Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back Where I Come From

Most aspects of parenting I can say without a doubt I love.

And, I'll never stop getting a kick out of watching everyone else I love parent, too.


When suddenly a weekend is less about self-fulfilling prophecies and more about little people's prophecies.


When nestled amongst the Miller Lite in the cooler are juice boxes and bottles of formula. When naptime trumps plans.


When we are lucky enough to share this adventure with those who went through our childhoods with us. When we are redeemed.


When an afternoon in spent in your hometown, in the park down the street from where you grew up, is about as good as it gets.


When you just hope your kids are as lucky as you were growing up- to be surrounded by friends who stand the test of time.


So one day they can have their afternoon in the park, where they skinned their knees, stayed out until dark, and shared secrets with those who know them best.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

I like the visual of beer and juice boxes sharing space in the cooler. Perfectly sums up life at this stage :)