Thursday, June 10, 2010

Little Girl

The more blond hair that fell away from your face, the more a little girl emerged.
Maybe that's why it took me so long to get your hair cut ... into a real cut, for the first time.


You looked like you weren't sure. You weren't scared, just nervous. I've observed lately when you're feeling shy or overwhelmed, your fingers immediately go into your mouth and you're silent. Good thing Daddy was with to ease your hands away from your face. He was also there to prevent Mama from taking your locks too short!


Your stylist was so calm and sweet- and worked quickly. She loved your big eyes and calm demeanor. You read an Elmo book for her (so your head was turned downward) and watched a little Monsters, Inc. when she announced she was finished. Finished!


And you were revealed in all your little girl glory. A quick sticker, sucker, and goodbye wave and we were on our way.

I love having a daughter. I love that you're my daughter.

No comments: