Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Leaving the Light On

Toward the end of the summer, I started a part-time job a few evenings a week.
A few evenings a week that take me away from home ... from Daddy, the Beagle, and you.

On top of working full-time already.
I did it for a million reasons ... you're a big one!

It's been a few months, and we've found a groove with the change in our routine. You're thriving ... watching a little too much basketball, in my opinion ... but that's to be expected in the House of Hoops! You've always been a Daddy's girl.

Who looks out for her Mama.

Last night, as Daddy readied you for bed, you turned on the entryway light ... for me.



Photo credit

All by yourself. You remembered to remember me, when I come home in the dark.

I am so lucky to have your light shining in my life, little girl.
Thanks for leaving the light on for me.

Mama loves.

1 comment:

Eric E said...

That's so sweet! I love when our kids give me a sign that they were thinking about me without my having to be right in front of them. We are both blessed. Merry Christmas!