Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day



I don't need a day on the calendar to celebrate being a Mama. I do it every single day.
Since you were seconds old, calm as can be, eight pounds, three ounces, 21 inches long, and 10 days late, I was a Mama.
Your Mama.
And I celebrate that sweet, amazing, gifted titled every single day.
As I have for the past three years and five months.

And in the lyrics of your very favorite song, Soul Sister, by Train, lies this notion:

Your sweet moon beam, the smell of you in every single dream I dream,
I knew when we collided, you're the one I have decided who's one of my kind


Ever single day, baby girl.
You and me.

Thank you for making me a Mama, by simply being you.

1 comment:

Engel said...

When I was a kid I thought there should be a Kid Day, I thought we got ripped off because moms had Mothers Day, dads had Fathers Day and there's a Grandparents Day. But seeing everything moms go through and how unconditional their love is, I now realize that not only is every day Kid Day but every week should have a Mothers Day. The day on the calendar is not for you to appreciate being a mom, it's for our kids and us husbands to stop and make you feel special for taking care of us! Because we can't do it enough to make it square with you ladies.