Friday, March 2, 2012

Elephants

I have a powerful memory, this I admit. I love it. I remember so many details of my life, dating way, way back to childhood.

One of my favorite memories was when I was 5 or 6. My Dad came home from work one day, and announced we were leaving.

For a tool show.

The family was loaded up, and herded into a giant arena with thousands of other people. We waited and waited for the tool show to commence.

The lights went out, and out came a goddamn elephant.

Y'all, my mind was BLOWN.

My parents surprised me with a trip to the circus.

It's a memory I will never forget. How in a minute's time, life can go from average to awesome.
From tool show to circus.
I was grateful to be surprised, spoiled, treated specially by my parents.

And now I am paying it forward.
Tomorrow, the Dad and I will load up the lil' dude and not tell her where we're going.
Little Miss Detail is going to lose her shit when we hit the freeway and dodge her questions for 70 miles.

Tomorrow her circus comes in the form of her true passion:



Disney's Dare to Dream ... Princesses on Ice.

I don't even know how I'm going to sleep tonight.

No comments: